Welcome to the worst of the week on TV, where Blog MRC Culture on TV recounts the best liberal-biased moments in entertainment television for the week of October 24, 2021.
From our blog
• In the penultimate episode of the Peacock murder mystery series One of us is lying, a high school girl revealed that she was “not ashamed” she had a secret abortion with the help of a teacher which she ironically called a “good person” and “the opposite of a killer”.
• On CBS TO CRUSH, two female cops whined that SWAT training and fitness standards are “biased in favor of male cadets” because they “place a lot of emphasis on explosive strength” and “the exercises have been shown to disadvantage women physiologically”.
• The racial drama of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Sugar queen listed “Redlining, voter suppression, school funding, employment discrimination, loan discrimination, mass incarceration” as “modern forms of slavery“and complained about” a system designed to keep a people out of neighborhoods, out of government, out of education, out of the workforce, and in some cases out of society, and in prisons, and in a constant state of danger. “
• In ABC’s new drama about reuniting a 90s female R&B group, Queens, a husband proposed polyamory when his wife tries to leave him to become a lesbian with his girlfriend, saying that he “let the scriptures guide me” to the idea.
• This week, The CW debuted in 4400, their new revival reboot the United States The 4400. One of the 4,400 people missing over the past decades who suddenly reappeared in one fell swoop was a black woman involved in the battle for civil rights. She said nothing had changed in 60 years: “You know my husband and I were jailed and worse for organizing the vote for black people. If it was really in 2021, I would have hoped we would have made more progress. That it wouldn’t be the same.
Other odds and ends
• A million little things on ABC continued the TV trope of the sudden weirdness into adulthood, with Katherine (Grace Park), who had been married to a man for 12 years and never considered kissing a woman, falling in love with an actress and change her dating profile to say she is looking for men and women.